[mythtv-users] recordings affecting playback

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 20 04:45:44 UTC 2020

________________________________
From: Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, 20 August 2020 12:14 pm
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: [mythtv-users] recordings affecting playback

This only happens once a week, because I only have multiple recordings on Wed. evenings. Watching the (earlier recorded) news while two other recordings are in progress results in momentary freezes and accelerated catch-ups. Here are some logs:  https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/BCyHYXtH6h/  (frontend)
and: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/h539DKRnnr/  (backend)
This is a fresh install of Ubuntu 20.04 with Mythtv v31. If we do get a new fall season of network TV I'd like to be ready for it. TIA  Daryl

HD video is probably more than your CPU can handle in software.  What does "top" report on FE while playing back?

 I CoreContext decoders/mythvdpauhelper.cpp:63 (HaveVDPAU) VDPAUHelp: Supported/available VDPAU decoders:
I CoreContext decoders/mythvaapicontext.cpp:468 (HaveVAAPI) VAAPIDec: Supported/available VAAPI decoders:
I CoreContext decoders/mythnvdeccontext.cpp:519 (HaveNVDEC) NVDEC: No NVDEC decoders found
I CoreContext decoders/mythv4l2m2mcontext.cpp:378 (HaveV4L2Codecs) V4L2_M2M: No V4L2 decoders found