[mythtv-users] Test Cricket - plays BBC2 recording but not BBC4

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Aug 18 20:47:29 UTC 2020

Paul Harrison <mythtv at mythqml.net> wrote:

> BBC4 is a part time channel that starts broadcasting a minute or two before 7PM. Before then there is an interactive TV place holder screen. If you try to start recording BBC4 before it actually starts broadcasting them MythTV gets confused and you get a bad recording.

Except that it used to work when I was using 0.24.1 Before I upgraded, I just had to skip forward and when it got to where the program stream started it would start playing.
That's why I wonder if there might be a playback setting (decoder profile ?) I should be fiddling with to fix it ? Frontends are Intel NUC i3 with all defaults other than selecting the right audio output.

> If you start recording after it starts broadcasting then all should be OK. Your 5 minute pre-roll is to long for this channel so change the recording rule to start at recording at 7PM or no more than one minute early and hopefully all should be good.

Actually, the BBC have made the problem moot for the time being - it's moved to a single showing on BBC2 at 7pm now. I guess the snooker has finished.

Simon