[mythtv-users] mythfrontend not accepting keyboard input

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Mon Aug 17 11:09:19 UTC 2020

Hey,

I have an interesting issue with mythfrontend from mythtv-light running
on a RPi 3+, with Raspbian Minimal as my base. It doesn't recognise
keyboard input, CEC works okay.

This is happening both when I'm running it from .xsession (my normal
mode of operation) and also when I run it from an xterm in a running X
session - where the xterm has keyboard input just fine.

I've had this problem ever since I upgrade to 31 from 30 in April. I
just haven't got around to trying to diagnose the issue till now.

mythtv-light versions I've tried: 31.0-16-ga465f1b03d-0 & 31.0-0. I've
upgraded my backend to 31 at the same time so I can't go back and try
my previous frontend disk image.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Andrew