[mythtv-users] .ts files

lists at arewethere.net lists at arewethere.net
Sat Aug 15 06:29:25 UTC 2020

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 10:09:40PM +1200, Stephen Worthington wrote:

> Those are recording files.  MythTV changed some time ago to using the

...snip...

> To find out what one of your .ts files is, do this:
>
> sudo mysql
> use mythconverg;
> select * from recorded where basename='<name of your .ts file>'\G
> quit

Thanks for this. I suspected as much but was surprised to find them
in the top level rather than in the 'recordings' subdirectory.
On my system it looks like the transition to .ts happened in mid-2016
which is likely when I upgraded to v0.27.

I checked a few of them in the 'recorded' table and they all look
like the system knows about them, they show up in the list of
recordings in the frontend.

As to how they got there. From looking at the storagegroup table
it seems I once had these directories set for the Default storage
group:
  /var/lib/mythtv
  /data/disk1/mythv
  /data/disk2/mythv

I checked in mythtv-setup and now I have this set:
  /var/lib/mythtv/recordings
  /data/disk1/mythv/recordings
  /data/disk2/mythv/recordings
All the recent recordings are in one of those directories.

I stopped the backend, moved all the stray .ts files etc into the
recordings/ subdirs and started the backend again - all good now.

Cheers
Vince