[mythtv-users] Mythtv backend on RPi4 with remote setup

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 20:21:31 UTC 2020

On my production mythtv backend on Ubuntu, I routinely ssh -X
user at IP-address into the backend and run mythtv-setup to make changes to
the backend setup.

I just tried installing mythtv backend on an RPI4 4GB model running RPi OS
Lite and when I tried the same ssh -X user at IP-address  I got an error about
missing libxcinema.. or something like that.

I have in the past installed mythtv on an RPI4 both frontend and backend
with only PI OS Lite using MikeB's pi-utils scripts. But only while using
the HDMI TV and keyboard locally plugged in.

What am I missing? I thought I'd done this on the raspberry before, but I'm
puzzled today.

Jim A