[mythtv-users] Mythtv 31 won't configure/compile error in Debian 10

veehexx at zoho.com veehexx at zoho.com
Fri Aug 14 18:54:55 UTC 2020

 ---- On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 13:00:11 +0100 Mark <fairlane at springcom.com> wrote ----
 > Getting a new install going on Debian 10 / Stable.
 >
 > Following the source install instructions like i have always.
 >
 > Installed the full list of dependencies.  No issues there.
 >
 > Get to the ./configure step.  It goes off in the background, presumably
 > testing for my dependencies.
 >
 > Comes back with ERROR:  can not find libbluray.
 >
 > I did install the bluray library.  I double checked.  Still says the
 > same thing.
 >
 > I checked config.ep, all the way at the end, i find it exits with the
 > above error, but it's failing on
 >
 > udev_new call.  udev-dev is installed.  Where do i look for the problem
 > here?
 >
 > Here's the relevant chunk of config.ep:
 >
 > ccache gcc -D_ISOC99_SOURCE -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112
 > -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112
 > -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -DPIC -std=c11 -DNDEBUG -fomit-frame-pointer -fPIC
 > -pthread -c -o /tmp/ffconf.SSOeY3sp/test.o /tmp/ffconf.SSOeY3sp/test.c
 > gcc -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,noexecstack -o /tmp/ffconf.SSOeY3sp/test
 > /tmp/ffconf.SSOeY3sp/test.o -pthread -pthread -lsamplerate
 > /usr/bin/ld: /tmp/ffconf.SSOeY3sp/test.o: in function `check_udev_new':
 > test.c:(.text+0x3): undefined reference to `udev_new'
 > ERROR: can not find libbluray.

i'm unfamiliar with debian, but when i see errors like that in a Centos env, i usually fix it with the -devel package (so libbluray-devel in this case); afterall your 'developing' a source code build.
fwiw i have found missing packages in the fedora/centos section of the ansible playbook in the past (and submitted a fix) so while it's a very good tool to help setup your system, don't treat it as 100% perfect.