[mythtv-users] how to skip a duplicate recording?

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 19:31:51 UTC 2020

I have a few shows that I have recorded most of the episodes over the
years. I have missed a few. I've used the User Job sendTVtoNAS to convert
these to m4v files and have them on a NAS. So when that series of shows
starts up again on a new channel I tell the Mythtv database to forget that
program and start recording them again. Not really the case this time since
my database is completely new without history at this point.

So today, for example, 2 episodes are being recorded, but I already have
one of them on the NAS.  What is the proper way to tell Mythtv to not
record one of them but continue recording the series when it's available?

I guess I could let the recordings proceed and then not run the User Job on
the ones that I already have on the NAS.

JIm A