[mythtv-users] find_orphans deleted everything!

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Aug 7 13:52:40 UTC 2020

On Fri, 7 Aug 2020 08:27:44 -0400, you wrote:

>On 2020-08-07 8:07 a.m., Bill Meek wrote:

>>> I played with the script a little but I have two handicaps, (1.) I
>>> don't know mysql and (2.) I don't know python3.
>>>
>>> So I'm not going to be any help here.  So basically, I'm making a
>>> note on my system that find_orphan.py is not to be trusted.
>>>
>>> I don't imagine that I have a problem now and I'll be careful moving
>>> forward.
>>
>> Can you just edit the file and change both instances of BackendServerIP
>> to MasterServerIP?
>>
>> If that works, I'll try to get to it later today or over the weekend.
>>
>Back in May I was having some problems getting find_orphans.py to run on
>a freshly installed system (although not quite the same as what's being
>described here). The fix was to edit the code to change both instances
>of BackendServerIP to BackendServerAddr. Ran mythutil --clearcache for
>good measure as well.
>
>Has been running well since with no further issues.
>
>Gary

I just looked at the settings table for my VirtualBox clean install of
Xubuntu 20.04 / MythTV v31.  There is no setting for BackendServerIP,
but there is BackendServerAddr:

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from settings where value like
'%backendserver%';
+-------------------+-----------+----------------+
| value             | data      | hostname       |
+-------------------+-----------+----------------+
| BackendServerPort | 6543      | vb-xubuntu2004 |
| BackendServerAddr | 127.0.0.1 | vb-xubuntu2004 |
+-------------------+-----------+----------------+
2 rows in set (0.000 sec)

Find_orphans.py works for me on this VM.

On my real MythTV box (Xubuntu 18.04, MythTV v30), which has been
upgraded over many years and many versions, I get this:

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from settings where value like
'backendserver%';
| value             | data     | hostname |
| BackendServerAddr | 10.0.2.4 | mypvr    |
| BackendServerIP   | 10.0.2.4 | mypvr    |
| BackendServerIP6  | ::1      | mypvr    |
| BackendServerPort | 6543     | mypvr    |