[mythtv-users] find_orphans deleted everything!

Gary Raposo gary at raposo.ca
Fri Aug 7 12:27:44 UTC 2020

On 2020-08-07 8:07 a.m., Bill Meek wrote:
> On 8/7/20 5:21 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
>>
>> On 8/7/20 1:41 AM, Bill Meek wrote:

>>> Yes, and I don't have an answer. May be the use of BackendServerIP
>>> that doesn't
>>> exist on a fresh install. Rather, MasterServerIP. Try changing both
>>> BackendServerIP
>>> SQL to use the MasterServerIP.
>
>> I played with the script a little but I have two handicaps, (1.) I
>> don't know mysql and (2.) I don't know python3.
>>
>> So I'm not going to be any help here.  So basically, I'm making a
>> note on my system that find_orphan.py is not to be trusted.
>>
>> I don't imagine that I have a problem now and I'll be careful moving
>> forward.
>
> Can you just edit the file and change both instances of BackendServerIP
> to MasterServerIP?
>
> If that works, I'll try to get to it later today or over the weekend.

Back in May I was having some problems getting find_orphans.py to run on
a freshly installed system (although not quite the same as what's being
described here). The fix was to edit the code to change both instances
of BackendServerIP to BackendServerAddr. Ran mythutil --clearcache for
good measure as well.

Has been running well since with no further issues.

Gary