[mythtv-users] Error downloading theme package from master backend

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Thu Aug 6 12:05:46 UTC 2020

 ---- On Mon, 03 Aug 2020 14:18:35 +0100 Stuart Auchterlonie <stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote ----
 > On 30/07/2020 13:18, Tim Draper wrote:
 > > all my frontends are having intermittent issues downloading themes.
 > > maybe 95% failure rate. When it suceeds it does not appear to be getting
 > > the desired git commit (cached/old theme version?). When it suceeds and
 > > i then delete the theme on the FE to retry, it will fail.
 > >
 > > What can i do to figure out whats going wrong?
 > > i cant see much in the FE output using the '-v most' option hoping to
 > > see something about a service or hostname being unavailable, but nothing
 > > obvious. I'm at a bit of a loss figuring out how start figuring out
 > > where the issue is.
 > >
 > > anyone able to help out?
 > >

 > Has this been happening for a while, or has it only started recently?
 >

 > Regards
 > Stuart

it's been happening for a while. Not sure when it started but i'd say a few months but only had a bit of time recently to start to poke around and take a look at it.
since posting i've been having issues with my BE - looked like the boot SSD was having issues so new ssd, reinstall i hoped might fix - no luck, issue still occuring.

any pointers for debugging this? cant find a way manually trigger or configuring logging options to investigate whats going on. theme download failure seems to happen early in the process so i'm thinking a corrupt file, unmet dependancy, DNS or firewall type issue.