[mythtv-users] Leanback on AT&T TV Android STB

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 22:23:30 UTC 2020

I just moved to AT&T TV - it is 100% streaming and does not require their
data network.

I was able to sideload the Leanback app onto it via USB stick and a file
manager, but there is no ADB access or access to the logs.  I installed
leanfront-v0-173-gdd74f11.apk

Everything plays and connects perfectly, but everytime I press pause, upon
resume, the video stalls while audio plays.  A quick jump via the arrow
keys fixes it though.

It is such a pain to sideload on this thing, I'd rather not downgrade, but
I will if need be (assuming the issue does not exist on previous versions).

It is Android 8 with 20200505 security patch, but highly AT&T bastardized -
they have their own slew of system apps that replaced the original android
stuff, so....

Anyone else have experience with this?

TiA,

Greg