[mythtv-users] Mythtv-setup cant change Master Backend Name

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 15:03:52 UTC 2020

On 8/4/20 10:11 AM, John wrote:

> Setting up a raspberry pi backend and I want to move all existing
> recordings from an old machine.
>
> The channels and sources are showing in setup but no storage groups
>
> The new machines host name is pitv the old machine was tv.
>
> I have imported a backup of the old database to the new machine.
>
> Used this to convert the hostname in the database
>
> mythconverg_restore.pl --change_hostname --old_hostname="XXXX"
> --new_hostname="YYYY"
>
> The conversion has worked looking in the settings table.
>
> When I run mythtv-setup>general>Host Address Backend Setup
>
> I can set the Primary IP Address
>
> But as soon as I tick "This Server is the Master Backend"
>
> It fills in the Master Backend Name and wont let me edit it.
>
> The name picked was a previous name of this card, I have checked
>
> |/etc/hosts,|
> ||/etc/hostname and Raspberry Pi Configuration Its getting the old
> name from somewhere though Do I have to use a previously unused IP
> address for the card ||

When you click "This server is the master backend", it copies your
machine name to the master server name. It gets that machine name from
$HOME/.mythtv/config.xml, or if that says
"my-unique-identifier-goes-here" it gets it from /etc/hostname. So if
you need a different master server name, change it in one of those
places, then select "This server is the master backend" again.

Peter