[mythtv-users] find_orphans deleted everything!

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 12:20:55 UTC 2020

This is strange.  I've used the find_orphans script for years to find
problems and fix them; particularly after restoring a database.

So after creating a new system with a new database but the same old
recordings hard drive, I ran it looking for issues.  It found about 20 and
I chose to delete the problems. It deleted everything including a
recording that was happening at the time. Many of these were Live TV
partial recordings and nothing of significance was lost.  However, it makes
me wonder about find_orphan.py.  I have the version that is for v31+.

Thoughts?

JIm A