[mythtv-users] Getting slower

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 11:22:47 UTC 2020

On 03/08/2020 10:05, Jim Abernathy wrote:

> I just tested on a Core i7 desktop remote frontend with no remote,
> standard install only 5 programs in the database. System built yesterday.
>
> starting from the launch icon it took 10 seconds to get to the menu.
>
> If if started from xterm: mythfrontend -O libCECEnabled=0   it took 7
> seconds.
>
> I have a really long delay on a Shield TV where the TV has CEC disabled
> but it's capable.  I just don't know how to start mythfrontend on the
> Shield TV with CEC disabled (-O libCECEnabled=0)
>
> Jim A

My firetvstick 4k also pauses on mythfrontend startup for what seems
'quite long' but on testing looks like less than 20 seconds.  Maybe it's
longer after an update.

Its frontend log (adb logcat mfe:D *:S) complains about a bad locale
setting and multiple missing instances of themeinfo.xml files; gives
info on font substitutions and enumerates codecs.  After that it
'attempted to flush to a non-raster surface' and suggests (consider
using Qt::WA_PaintOnScreen to exclude from backingstore sync) before
displaying the frontend menu.

It works well with UK DVB-T SD content but some 1080 stuff suffers from
a lack of available power.

John P