[mythtv-users] How many simultaneous recordings on HDHR?

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 21:41:14 UTC 2020

The Subject question is one I've heard debated so here's the results of a
test I ran.

1. Using Raspberry PI OS Lite, I build up a v31 mythtv combo.
2. I configured 2 Capture Card tuners; both in the same HDHR Connect
(HDHR4-2US) i.e. 2 internal ATSC OTA tuners.
3. I turned off Constant EIT scanning since I'm using XMLTV EPG
4. In the Input Connection section I had only 2 connections to configure.
In the section Interaction between inputs, I took the default which is Max
recordings =1 and Schedule as a Group, Checked.

So when you look at mythfrontend -> Information Center ->System Status ->
Input Status I originally saw before my test:
Input 1 Input 1:1 Available
Input 2 Input 2:1 Available

So the test was to record 3 programs from channels 5.1, 5.2, and 5.2. Then
2 programs from 17.1 and 17.2.
All 5 programs recorded at the same time.  So the documentation at
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Setup_Input_Connections is correct by my
testing.  So no more setting the max recording for me.

JIm A