[mythtv-users] Boot-Bungle

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 17:20:49 UTC 2020

Greetings Mythizens, wanting to incrementally play with the new beta
release 20.04 I installed it alongside my working 18.04/0.29 myth system,
however, install was UEFI beside Legacy, so 18.04 wouldn't boot. So I used
OS-uninstaller to expunge 20.04 and 18.04 still won't boot I see a
message"cx25840 11-0044: firmware v4l cx23885-avcore-01 fw load failed",
then immediately into emergency mode. I reset my BIOS to only accept Legacy
mode and installed a new 18.04 beside the original and it still won't boot
the original, same message and shell. Is there a way to repair this?   TIA
Daryl