[mythtv-users] Leanfront observations

BP lists at qucae.com
Thu Apr 23 22:56:34 UTC 2020

On 4/23/20 1:02 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> The API does have the ability to retrieve recordings in chunks of any
> number at a time. You can tell it how many at a time to retrieve. I have
> not used this feature. Obviously that makes the code more complex.
>
> How many recordings do you have and what is the sort of timing you get?

I'm currently at 7663 recordings.  It's easier to buy a new hard drive
than to decide that something I thought might be interesting years ago
and have yet to watch should be deleted.

Starting the Lean frontend, takes 33 seconds to load.  If I change the
sort method, it runs 45 seconds then crashes (I'm on a version from a
couple weeks ago).  Opening the app again with the changed sort
configuration is in the same 33 second time frame.

The full Android frontend takes 12 seconds to load and 3 seconds to load
recorded program data for a total of about 15 seconds.

Times for both were consistent over 5 attempts.

My Shield is the 2017 version and on wired gigabit.

> The main impetus behind leanfront was to give the best playback,
> including playback of 4K videos and recordings.

Playback is great.  I definitely see the leanfront going in the right
direction for most of what I need a frontend for.  I do all my
scheduling through Mythweb and don't use livetv.  Livetv is for
background noise and the cable box does that well.  Everything else I
used to use Myth frontend for has migrated to other apps.  Once the new
2019 Shield Pros are plentiful enough to find for sale, I'll likely
ditch my last remaining computer based frontend. I'm curious to see how
well the AI upscaling works with recordings.