[mythtv-users] Leanfront observations

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 13:38:12 UTC 2020

> On Apr 22, 2020, at 5:52 PM, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 4/22/20 5:06 PM, Larry Kennedy wrote:
>> Peter,
>>
>> I got around to installing Leanfront on my Shield.  I have to say this app is very impressive!  Great job!
>>

> Thanks for the kind words.
>
> Note - the documentation mentions LiveTV. Thai is not yet in the apk release. I am doing some final testing on that before releasing an apk with LiveTV support in the next couple of days.
>
> Peter

I agree with the praise for Leanfront. My wife and I are using it for 90% of our Mythtv activity.  Basically all my wife’s viewing is Leanfront and I use it except for Video editing and schedule management.

Leanfront is definitely the best video quality on Shield TV and FireTV 4K; with the Shield TV being better than the FireTV 4k. Both mythtv-frontend and leanfront have very good video quality, but Leanfront is the smoothest, and doesn’t suffer the timeline problems that happen 10-15 minutes into a playback like Android mythfrontend.

Jim A