[mythtv-users] Fwd: Re: Audio and video wildly out of sync for SD recordings

UB40D ub40dd at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 21 10:32:48 UTC 2020

On Tue, 21 Apr 2020 at 09:21, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Try selecting different deinterlacers.  I think the 2x High Quality ones
> may be to blame.

And once again you are my hero!

mythfrontend -> setup -> video -> playback -> current video playback profile

I was on "High Quality". I tried "OpenGL High Quality" and, testing with an
SD movie, it was still substantially out of sync (though not as much); I
tried VDPAU High Quality and the problem went away, at least for the few SD
videos I tested. And I confirm that the HD recordings are unaffected (i.e.
they continue not to have any sync issues, fortunately).

Thank you very much indeed!