[mythtv-users] Automatic Database Backup Files

Ian Cameron mkbloke at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 17:00:01 UTC 2020

On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 at 17:28, Jay Foster <jayf0ster at roadrunner.com> wrote:

> I noticed that MythTV is automatically backing up the database into
> mythconverg-1344-<date>.sql.gz files.  There are two sets of these
> files.  A daily backup set in $HOME/mythtv and a weekly set in the
> recording directory.
>
> I seem to remember setting up the daily backup years ago, but not the
> weekly one.  The weekly one is redundant and writing to the recording
> drive, which I do not want.  How can I get stop the weekly backup in the
> recording directory?

Are you using a packaged version of MythTV?  If so, which one?

It's likely either a file in /etc/cron.weekly or perhaps a systemd timer.

You can just check out the contents of the /etc/cron.weekly directory if
it's cron based and look for a file that will likely be named something
quite obvious to its function like mythtv-database.  You can check out the
systemd timers using the command 'systemctl list-units -t timer'.

--
Cheers, Ian