[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend v31 Android anomaly?

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 12:49:07 UTC 2020

On 4/14/20 10:04 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:

> On 4/9/20 8:11 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
>> I've mentioned this is passing but I think I now have a repeatable
>> pattern that may help someone find the problem.
>>
>> Here's the setup:
>>
>> 1. v31 backend 2:31.0+fixes.202004072049.a465f1b~ubuntu18.04.1 on x86_64
>>
>> 2. Tuner - Hauppauge WinTV Quad PCIe- ATSC OTA HD recordings. 1080i
>> or 720p depending on channel.
>>
>> 3. Nvidia Shield TV running mythfrontend-20200323-arm64-v31.0.apk.
>> The Nvida software is update automatically.
>>
>> Every morning I start a recording on CBS Morning News at 7am.
>> Somewhere 10-20 minutes after 7, I start watching that recording in
>> progress.
>>
>> Some time around the first commercial 18-25 minutes I use the right
>> arrow to skip over the commercial, but it doesn't skip and the
>> timeline at the bottom shows I'm at the current time, i.e. caught up
>> to real time.
>>
>> However, I'm not based on what you see on a TV connected to just an
>> antenna.
>>
>> If I use the left arrow to skip backwards the playback skip forward
>> to real time and the time line reflects this. Then I can use the left
>> arrow to skip back to where I was watching.  This happens every morning.
>>
>> Anyone else seeing this?
>>
>> Jim A
>
> I adjusted the (Setup->Video->Playback->Advanced->Audio read-ahead) to
> 200ms instead of 100ms to fix another problem with the Android
> Frontend and this morning I did not have the problem listed above.
> I'll continue to test to see if the Audio read-ahead magically fixed
> both problems.
>
> Jim A

Well, no such luck. I have learned a few more thinks about this issue.

1. It does not occur on x86_64 or Raspberry PI versions of
mythfrontend.  So far only Android version.

2. It's not associated with the first skip event used.  It can happen
again during the same program viewing but always after 15-20 minutes of
watching without skipping.

3. I was watching about 1 hour 15 minutes into a currently recording
program but had not skipped any commercials for >20 minutes. I checked
Information and saw the on screen display the timeline at 1 hour 15
minutes.  I hit the right arrow to advance by 1 minute, but it jumped to
1 hour 21 minutes. I had to back up 6 minutes to get back to where I
was. (BTW commercial flagging is not running)

Does anyone else see this on Andriod mythfrontend?

Jim A