[mythtv-users] Android mythfrontend log file?

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 18:12:14 UTC 2020

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 11:16 AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/13/20 7:35 AM, James Abernathy wrote:
>

> On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 4:55 PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 3:00 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> On 4/11/20 11:57 AM, James Abernathy wrote:

>>> I have the logcat working but I notice that there is not much
>>> information once view a recording start. No indication of anything I do
>>> with the keyboard or remote.  I'm trying to catch a log when the timeline
>>> problem I have shows up.
>>>
>>> Is there an equivalent in Android to --loglevel debug?
>>>
>>> Jim A
>>>

>>> In the front end on the android
>>> Setup->General->Remote Control->Enable Network Remote Control Interface
>>> You have to restart frontend for it to take effect
>>> Then, on linux:
>>> telnet <android ip address> 6546
>>> set verbose playback
>>>
>>> I am not sure if you can set debug, perhaps with general:debug
>>>
>>> Peter
>>>

>> Thanks, using this info I ran a test where my Nvidia Shield TV was
>> running Android Mythtv-frontend VERSION: v31.0/fixes/31 31.20200101-1 91
>> QT/5.14.1 DBSchema/1361 which is the latest I see on the android wiki links
>> (mythfrontend-20200323-arm64-v31.0.apk
>> <https://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/generic/mythtv_31/android_64/:mythfrontend-20200323-arm64-v31.0.apk>)
>> not sure why the version from telnet query version isn't the same.
>>
>> I select Live TV and once it starts I backup a few seconds to make the
>> video not so jumpy.  This is standard practice for me on Live TV on any
>> frontend platform. I started this test at 16:17 and at 16:31, I noticed a
>> lot of jitter in the picture.  I checked the adb logcat and the display was
>> posting a lot of entries per second.  At the beginning you'd see 1 per
>> sec.  Normally I'd backup a few seconds to fix it for a while.  However,
>> sometimes it fixes itself on it's own.  This time it fixed before I could
>> come back in and skip backwards.  The issue is my adb linux system is in
>> another room.
>>
>> So I posted a log file on my google drive and the link is below. You see
>> the number of entries increase around 16:31. Hopefully, this data will help
>> point to a solution.
>>
>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KS-w8pIi6P-xRo12ULYcass4V4628CoE
>>
>> Jim A
>>
>> This situation was the same except it shows the effect of fixing the
> problem temporarily with a skip backwards -15 seconds.
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/147ksKSUPpf44Ghzuo69WH8han2olHgoE/view?usp=sharing
>
> Jim A
>

> Have you tried adjusting the audio read-ahead setting in frontend setup?
> (Setup->Video->Playback->Advanced->Audio read-ahead). You can increase this
> value to 500, 1000, even up to 5000 and see if it helps.
>
> Peter
>
> I tried 500, 1000, and 2000.  All seem to stop the visual jitter that
occurs 10-15 minutes into the live TV.  However, I can't tell that from the
log file. I have a once a second jitterometer reading and occasional AV
Sync with audio ahead or behind so many milliseconds (+/- 30 ms).

What would be the best settings? Is a lower values that solves the problem
better than a higher value that solves the problem?

Jim A