[mythtv-users] Android mythfrontend log file?

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 20:55:53 UTC 2020

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 3:00 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/11/20 11:57 AM, James Abernathy wrote:
>

> On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 11:04 AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On 4/11/20 7:15 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
>> > When I run mythtv-frontend on a Shield TV does it create a log file?
>> > If so how do I get it off the Shield TV to a PC I can examine it with??
>> >
>> > Jim A
>> >

>> adb logcat outputs the log file in real time to stdio, with already past
>> data included at the beginning.
>>
>> To get mythfrontend log -
>> adb logcat mfe:D *:S |& tee android.log
>>
>> To get full android log
>> adb logcat |& tee android.log
>>
>> Press ctrl-c to stop it.
>>
>> Peter
>>
> I have the logcat working but I notice that there is not much information
> once view a recording start. No indication of anything I do with the
> keyboard or remote.  I'm trying to catch a log when the timeline problem I
> have shows up.
>
> Is there an equivalent in Android to --loglevel debug?
>
> Jim A
>

> In the front end on the android
> Setup->General->Remote Control->Enable Network Remote Control Interface
> You have to restart frontend for it to take effect
> Then, on linux:
> telnet <android ip address> 6546
> set verbose playback
>
> I am not sure if you can set debug, perhaps with general:debug
>
> Peter

Thanks, using this info I ran a test where my Nvidia Shield TV was running
Android Mythtv-frontend VERSION: v31.0/fixes/31 31.20200101-1 91 QT/5.14.1
DBSchema/1361 which is the latest I see on the android wiki links (
mythfrontend-20200323-arm64-v31.0.apk
<https://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/generic/mythtv_31/android_64/:mythfrontend-20200323-arm64-v31.0.apk>)
not sure why the version from telnet query version isn't the same.

I select Live TV and once it starts I backup a few seconds to make the
video not so jumpy.  This is standard practice for me on Live TV on any
frontend platform. I started this test at 16:17 and at 16:31, I noticed a
lot of jitter in the picture.  I checked the adb logcat and the display was
posting a lot of entries per second.  At the beginning you'd see 1 per
sec.  Normally I'd backup a few seconds to fix it for a while.  However,
sometimes it fixes itself on it's own.  This time it fixed before I could
come back in and skip backwards.  The issue is my adb linux system is in
another room.

So I posted a log file on my google drive and the link is below. You see
the number of entries increase around 16:31. Hopefully, this data will help
point to a solution.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KS-w8pIi6P-xRo12ULYcass4V4628CoE

Jim A