[mythtv-users] more bizare stuff

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Apr 10 00:58:58 UTC 2020

On Fri, 10 Apr 2020 06:54:56 +0800, you wrote:

>I seem to be in the forefront of breaking stuff
>If anyone can show me I'd appreciate it lots
>
>2 frontends, "one" and "two"
>I have a hierarchical structure for storing video
>
>/store/Movies/Myth-[A-Z]
>
>On "one" I transcoded and saved (under Myth-L "Licence to Wed")
>After scan under Media Library -> Watch Videos
>
>I have TWO direcories labled "Movies", one containg "License to Wed" but without metadata
>one containing the normal hierarchy inccluding "Licence to Wed"
>
>On "two" Media Library -> Watch Videos has the normal hierarchy including "License to Wed" with metadata
>
>[sandypit] /store/jam [1002]% find /store -name 'Licence*'
>/store/Movies/Myth-L/Licence to Wed.mp4
>
>[sandypit] /store/jam [1004]% find /store -name 'Movie*'
>/store/Movies
>/store/Movies/Movies A - G
>/store/Movies/Movies T only
>/store/Movies/Movies U - Z
>/store/Movies/Movies M - Q
>/store/Movies/Movies H - L
>/store/Movies/Movies R - S
>
>Am I allowed to be bewildered
>James

How are you accessing your movies directories?  Are you using storage
groups, or the old directory list, or both?  What do these queries
show in your database:

select * from storagegroup where groupname='Videos';
select * from settings where value='VideoStartupDir';

These settings are found in the GUI in:

mythtvsetup > 7. Storage Directories > 'Videos' Storage Group
Directories
mythfrontend > Setup > Media Settings > Videos Settings > General
Settings > Directories that hold videos

The VideoStartupDir settings are per frontend and relative to that
frontend.  The Videos storage group directories are global to your
MythTV system and relative to your backend(s).