[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend v31 Android anomaly?

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 12:11:56 UTC 2020

I've mentioned this is passing but I think I now have a repeatable
pattern that may help someone find the problem.

Here's the setup:

1. v31 backend 2:31.0+fixes.202004072049.a465f1b~ubuntu18.04.1 on x86_64

2. Tuner - Hauppauge WinTV Quad PCIe- ATSC OTA HD recordings. 1080i or
720p depending on channel.

3. Nvidia Shield TV running mythfrontend-20200323-arm64-v31.0.apk. The
Nvida software is update automatically.

Every morning I start a recording on CBS Morning News at 7am. Somewhere
10-20 minutes after 7, I start watching that recording in progress.

Some time around the first commercial 18-25 minutes I use the right
arrow to skip over the commercial, but it doesn't skip and the timeline
at the bottom shows I'm at the current time, i.e. caught up to real time.

However, I'm not based on what you see on a TV connected to just an antenna.

If I use the left arrow to skip backwards the playback skip forward to
real time and the time line reflects this. Then I can use the left arrow
to skip back to where I was watching.  This happens every morning.

Anyone else seeing this?

Jim A