[mythtv-users] Leanfront observations

Yeechang Lee ylee at columbia.edu
Wed Apr 8 20:21:02 UTC 2020

Peter Bennett says:
> > * Some sort of progress/busy message would be welcome when refreshing
> >    lists. With 2600 recordings and however many more videos,
> >    refreshing takes about 30 seconds.
> Done. Circling progress indicator will show when refreshing with
> refresh button, but not when automatically refreshing for any
> reason.

I would implement the progress indicator for automatic refreshes. It
was disconcerting to start Leanfront my first time and have to wait
for 30 seconds not knowing whether app was working. If you prefer to
keep the two experiences separate, a "Starting..." message or
something similar would work.

> > * Similarly, perhaps have MEDIA_PLAY and MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE
> >    unconditionally start playback, as opposed to showing the "play
> >    from start/other actions" menu?
> Done. Also a bunch of other media keys are now supported, see the
> list in
> https://github.com/bennettpeter/android-MythTV-Leanfront/blob/master/README.md

Thank you. Leanfront may now have more support for media keys than any
other Android app!

--
Frontend:		Apple MacBook Pro 2012, Nvidia Shield 2017
Backend:		HP Microserver N40L 1.5GHz with 4x3TB HDDs