[mythtv-users] mythtv and iptv

Ian Cameron mkbloke at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 17:15:56 UTC 2020

On Sat, 4 Apr 2020 at 16:18, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Apr 2020 15:02:40 +0200, you wrote:
> >Is there a way to find out if it's because of a redirection as mentioned
> >above ?
>
> To see if redirection is happening, you can run
> wireshark on your network connection and see what traffic happens when
> you try to record.  If the URLs are HTTPS though, you can not see the
> contents of the packets.  You will still see if it redirects to a
> different IP address.

For future reference, I'd suggest that using wget with the URL to test
might be the easier way to do it, as that will show its progress, including
any 3xx redirects, as it progresses.

If you test, say:

wget https://google.com

You will see a 301 status code in the output, as it redirects to
www.google.com.

You can probably also use curl with the right command line option to make
it more verbose, but wget shows the information you want here in its
default configuration.

--
Cheers, Ian