[mythtv-users] Patch associated to #13014 available in fixes/30?

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 12:49:05 UTC 2019

On 29/09/2019 13:23, Klaas de Waal wrote:
> It is not currently in the plan to backport these fixes to v30. The
> current master is completely stable and the database version is still
> the same as the v30 so what you can do is run the current master on
> the backend and keep the frontends on v30. That is what I have in my
> production system and that works great. Of course, you must compile
> the master for this. Note that because the database version is still
> the same you can go back to the v30 backend if for some reason the
> master does not work. In that case please report the problem so that
> it can be fixed before the v31 release.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Klaas.
>
> On Sun, 29 Sep 2019 at 11:50, martin.konopka at mknetz.de
> <martin.konopka at mknetz.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I own a DVB card with multiple delivery systems. To switch to the proper deliver system in mythtv-setup I need the mythtv master branch where the patches associated to ticket #13014 were applied. However, running master on all my computers seems a bit risky. Is there a plan to include these patches in the fixes/30 branch since without it mythtv seems to be unusable?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Martin

You can also use the mythbuntu ppa 31 (which is currently built from
master) to save building from source on your backend system.

Assuming you are running some version of Ubuntu 18.04

add mythbuntu ppa 31

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mythbuntu/31
sudo apt-get update

if upgrading an existing mythtv installation e.g. from mythtv 29 use
"sudo apt dist-upgrade" to upgrade to mythtv 31, otherwise "sudo apt
install mythtv" for a client/server mythtv.

When ppa:mythbuntu/31 is added it creates a file
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/mythbuntu-ubuntu-31-bionic.list

Once installed you can disable future updates from the mythbuntu ppa 31
by commenting out the first line of the file (put # at start of the line).

Mike