[mythtv-users] Major Upgrading...

Richard Thomas rich at dicksonlife.com
Sun Sep 22 17:12:48 UTC 2019

So I have a really old version of mythbuntu that has been running fine
for a while but I'm thinking it's time to upgrade. As far as I know,
there's no upgrade path for mythbuntu any more so I'll probably go for a
fresh Ubuntu+Myth install.

What I'm thinking is to do a mysqldump of the mythconverg db, copy the
files and the dump to the new system then run the db upgrade script. The
thing is, my version of Mythbuntu is really old. It;s actually version
12.04. Is this still a viable upgrade path or am I asking for trouble?
Any better suggestions?

Rich