[mythtv-users] HLS

John Burroughs jw at jwb2.net
Sat Sep 21 18:32:47 UTC 2019

Valentin Vidić <vvidic at valentin-vidic.from.hr> writes:

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 10:44:02PM +0200, Valentin Vidić wrote:
>> That is strange, are there any errors in the mythbackend logs?
>
> Just tried to add this URL from the list and it seems to be recording
> fine: https://rt-usa.secure.footprint.net/1105.m3u8

I have been following this thread and have seen a similar issue with
some of the m3u8 entries in the m3u file.

I have a total of 8 entries in the m3u file. Of those 5 work, though a
couple of these will fail on occasion. I cannot get the other 3 to lock
at all. I have set the tuning time-out to the maximum of 65000 seconds,
but the result is unchanged. All 8 entries will stream when using vlc.

Here is the m3u file I am using.

----------------------------
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0,301 - CBS HD
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=11325
http://161.0.157.51/PLTV/88888888/224/3221227041/01.m3u8
#EXTINF:0,302 - ABC HD
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=11369
http://185.246.209.109:8080/ABC/index.m3u8
#EXTINF:0,303 - TCM Turner Classic Movies
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=12852
http://185.246.209.109:8080/TCM/index.m3u8
#EXTINF:0,304 - 247 Retro Movies
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=247 Retro Movies
http://247retrotv.com:1935/live/smil:247retro.smil/chunklist_w1193920237_b1928000_sleng.m3u8
#EXTINF:0,305 - NBC
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=101663
http://161.0.157.51/PLTV/88888888/224/3221227040/03.m3u8
#EXTINF:0,308 - The CW
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=11659
http://190.80.3.28/CW/CW.isml/index.m3u8
#EXTINF:0,309 - Fox
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=11456
http://190.80.3.28/FOX/FOX.isml/index.m3u8
#EXTINF:0,310 - WPBT -- PBS
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=11460
http://190.80.3.28/PBS/PBS.isml/index.m3u8?fluxustv.m3u8
----------------------------

The problem entries are the last 3 (The CW, Fox and WPBT). The most
reliable is TCM. CBS does not always get a lock in MythTV.

I am not really seeing anything in the mythbackend.log, though I am
showing the default log messages.

Any suggestions as to how to resolve these 3 stations so Mythtv can
record from them?

Alternatively, is there any guidance on using vlc to capture the streams
and store the recordings in the proper directory. I have seen some
information on this, but have not yet gotten my mind around how to
actually do this in practice.

Thanks for any assistance that can be provided.

John
--