[mythtv-users] Disk filled up unexpectedly - Auto-expire not working?

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 20:57:34 UTC 2019

On 9/16/19 3:41 PM, Will Dormann wrote:

> Yes, I have a "Live TV" storage group.  And currently the only directory
> listed is /var/lib/mythtv/livetv, which is a symlink to a directory on a
> separate partition (not any OS-related partitions).   I suppose I could
> probably add another directory to the "Live TV" storage group.  But in
> my mind, that seems like a workaround as opposed to just letting
> auto-expire do it's thing.  Based on the symptoms I'm seeing, I'm not
> convinced that auto-expire is working properly on my system.

Ok, it looks like I might have found the cause:  There were a number of
.TS files that were owned by root.  And subsequently, mythtv was unable
to auto-expire them.

How the files ended up with root ownership is beyond me.  But it's also
a system that's been around running for about 15 years, so I could
imagine things being not-quite-right along the way somehow.

I'll keep an eye out for new root-owned files, but I suspect that things
should be good to go now!

-WD