[mythtv-users] Help: Failed to connect to (127.0.0.1:6543) Connection refused

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 00:46:07 UTC 2019

On 9/6/19 7:36 PM, Craig Huff wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 7:33 PM Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com <mailto:huffcslists at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 7:17 PM Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com <mailto:keemllib at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         On 9/6/19 7:04 PM, Craig Huff wrote:
>          > Unless... it has to do with the fact that ~mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml contains this line:
>          >          <Host>localhost</Host>
>          >
>          > I'll try changing "localhost" to the hostname of the master backend (same machine) and see what happens.
>          >

>         If this is a combined backend/frontend, then localhost is correct. Note that this
>         refers to the *SQL* connection, not the connection to the backend itself.
>
>         Using localhost causes a socket, rather than TCP to be used and is the preferred solution.
>
>         This should return nothing (no differences): diff {~,~mythtv}/.mythtv/config.xml
>         (maybe MediaRenderer will differ, or the order may be different.)
>
>         --
>         Bill
>

>     Hmmm...
>
>     So, if the settings in config.xml are for mysql, and the settings in mythtv-backend point to the IP address 192.168.1.149, why is
>     mythwelcome trying to connect to 127.0.0.1:6543 <http://127.0.0.1:6543>?
>
>     --
>     Craig.
>

> Could it be that the local loopback hardware on my several year old mobo is acting up (failing) even though the network connection is fine?
>
> --
> Craig.

Are both IPs in mythtv-setup the same? master and server. And, mention your
version as v30 had changes that my be in  play, e.g. Master Server Name. Then
see what IP that name resolves to.

I'd pastebin the latest backend and welcome logs and add a link here. Maybe
someone can spot something.

--
Bill