[mythtv-users] Help: Failed to connect to (127.0.0.1:6543) Connection refused

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 22:16:34 UTC 2019

I've checked some on the web, but come up empty on a fix.

This is a long-running system that suddenly today won't let mythwelcome or
mythfrontend.real connect.  Even mythtv-setup took a looooooooong time to
come up.  I checked and the master backend server IP is set to
192.168.1.149, which is the correct IP.

I checked the ~user/.mythtv/config.xml files in my normal user account and
the mythtv account and don't see anything amiss there, but they appear not
to have any bearing on the issue anyway.

Why are mythwelcome and mythfrontend trying to connect to the local
loopback address anyway?

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Craig.