[mythtv-users] New backend on same machine

Jack McGee jack at greendesk.net
Fri Sep 6 17:44:47 UTC 2019

This is on Ubuntu18.04, mythtv .29.

I have broken Ubuntu installation on the backend machine. Mythbackend is
still running fine on that machine.

I have created a new partition and new Ubuntu installation on same
machine.  It is using same home directory as the old broken one.  Same
mount points.

I have installed mythtv-backend-master on the new installation. I have
backups from the other installation.

I have read

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Examples_2

I assume

        Full restore of the most-recent backup file

The script determines which is the most-recent backup file based on the
date/time information in the backup filename and database schema version
information is ignored. To ensure you're restoring the desired backup
file, you may wish to do a Full restore of a specific backup file
<https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Full_restore_of_a_specific_backup_file>

mythconverg_restore.pl
Are there any other gotchas. I am using only HDHomerun networked tuners.