[mythtv-users] Experimental Android TV "leanback" MythTV frontend

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 15:13:08 UTC 2019

On 01/09/2019 08:40, BP wrote:
> On 8/31/19 3:47 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
>
>> I think the suspicion is that it fails with firesticks on systems with
>> too many recordings;
>
> Mine fails on a current generation Shield with 6500+ recordings (it's
> easier to buy more disk space than admit I'll never watch some show I
> started recording 10 years ago because it looked interesting).
>
> First run, I do the settings and I never see more than the settings
> options.  It runs about 5 minutes then crashes.  Each subsequent attempt
> to start it, it crashes immediately.  I've used both the downloaded apk
> and built from source.

I have it showing signs of working now with a kubuntu laptop, HD size
120 GB and wifi in and out of the router.  Playback hangs a lot and I
don't think I've heard any audio, but the selection menu seems to work.

master from the ppa,  mythtv-setup.real, mythbackend, and at present
mythfrontend.real can't find the DB....