[mythtv-users] FireTV 4K stick

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 09:03:51 UTC 2019

On 29/08/2019 20:20, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 8/29/19 1:50 PM, John Pilkington wrote:

>>> When this happens use adb kill-server and try again.
>>
>> No improvement.  At present neither adb seems to work, and logcat
>> hangs 'waiting for device'.  Operations seem otherwise normal.  If all
>> else fails I'll power off...
>
> Another thing, if this is a fire stick, I have found that if adb gets
> disconnected from the fire stick by a linux reboot or suspend without
> specifically doing "adb disconnect", sometimes the fire stick has to be
> restarted before another adb connection is possible,

Yes; I've tried stick restarts and power-cycling, cycling the developer
settings, and various reconnect and other options from the adb --help
screens.  The daemon starts, but no debug connection or connection
refused.  I haven't tried security or sideload-related tweaks.  Perhaps
it's sulking because I haven't ordered anything.  Giving it a rest for now.

Perhaps I should put it in this thread too:  the 'rejecting' IP address
quoted above was for the *backend*

adb connections using the IP address of the firestick still work.

John P