[mythtv-users] Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH Dying?

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Mon Oct 28 20:45:40 UTC 2019

>>> Since Ceton is long gone from the market, should I look for another used replacement or go with a used SiliconDust HDHomeRun HDHR3-CC three tuner replacement while I wait with bated breath for the SiliconDust >>> HDHomeRun Prime six tuner to finally get released (long gestation reportedly still on target for release this calendar year, maybe, sorta, hopefully...)?

My mother has one on her system, was bought via ebaY.  Of all the issues she has with the unit, not responding to the network hasn't been one of them.  Something I can look forward to I'm sure.

Have you tried pulling the power and letting it sit for a bit?  Warm reboot doesn't work on some devices.

As for the SiliconDust offering of a 6 tuner unit.  They have been saying that for YEARS.  I'll believe it when I see it available on Amazon.

Doug