[mythtv-users] Alternative options

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 11:31:13 UTC 2019

On 10/18/19 6:09 PM, Doug Lytle wrote:
> On 10/18/19 4:17 PM, Jim wrote:
>> I know you said "Outside of going Satellite" but you might want to
>> take a look at Dish and their "Flex" package. Without the local
>> channels it's less than $40 a month and has a lot of good channels.
>> With that I use an HD-PVR and have been very happy with it. Add in an
>> antenna for the local channels with an HDHR and also Netflix and
>> Amazon Prime and I have too much to watch.
>
> Something that I will keep in mind,
>
> Thanks!
>
> Doug

I forgot to mention something about Youtube.tv that may help you.  The
$49.95/month I pay include Local channels or what is assigned as your
local channels. It also includes a Library or DVR functionality. I've
only used the DVR to record series that are only on the "Cable" type
channels like TNT, TBS, etc. Mythtv is still a lot easier to skip ahead
on Local channel recordings.

Jim A