[mythtv-users] No signal lock when trying to watch live TV - HDHR DVB-C Telenet (Belgium)

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Oct 19 08:01:56 UTC 2019

On Sat, 19 Oct 2019 08:44:14 +0200, you wrote:

>On 18/10/2019 21:06, Klaas de Waal wrote:
>> Setting /sys/dvbc_modulation to the correct value before starting
>> mythbackend should be enough. It then should work with the
>> "...auto..." tuning commands generated by mythtv.
>
>For me setting /sys/dvbc_modulation before starting the backend isn't
>enough. I have to issue explicit channel commands as well, such as
>
>hdhomerun_config 1420577E set /tuner1/channel a8qam256-6875:298
>
>I'll now try and find an appropriate event to use for this purpose.

I think the event you will need is "Recording pending"
(EventCmdRecPending in the settings table).  This happens shortly
before a recording starts, and allows you to do things like wake up
hard drives or power on a set to box.  Then the "Recording started"
event happens (EventCmdRecStarted) when mythbackend actually starts
using the tuner.