[mythtv-users] Verizon Fiosw/ Ceton Infinitv 6 eth issues?

Marc Tousignant myrdhn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 04:39:08 UTC 2019

Looking for anyone who is using a ceton Infinitv 6 ETH with Verizon FIOS
Cable Card.

I just had them perform an install yesterday, switching me from Comcast
Xfinity over to Verizon Fios.

My setup has been pretty solid for years, running the Ceton 6 ETH tuner with
a Comcast CableCard. Able to record multiple channels at a time without
issues.

However, now that I have switched to Verizon and their CableCard, multiple
captures are having issues.

I'm seeing multiple issues:

Issue 1: If there are 2 back to back recordings on the same channel that are
setup with a 2 min buffer (starts early/ends late), the second one
prematurely ends the first one. They are recording on different tuners, so
there should not be any conflict.

Issue 2: If I have an hour long recording starting at 9pm, and a 30 min
recording starting on another channel at 9:30, when the 30 min recording
starts. The hour long one stops. They are also on different tuners. So no
conflict should happen.

Interestingly, the myth backend reports that it is still recording the file,
even though I no longer see it saving to the disk. So the issue is in either
the Verizon CableCard, or the Ceton Infinitv 6 ETH. But, because Ceton took
down their site, I cannot check if I have the latest firmware for the
device.