[mythtv-users] Can MythTV support the new raspberry pi dvbt hat - cheap network tuner?

Simon Lambourn simon.lambourn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 22:45:57 UTC 2019

Thank you Stephen - it now works for me and I can now record.
Your post (previous post in this thread) was a great checklist of things to
try.   In my case, I had done most of what you suggested, but I had run
mythtv-setup under user pi (whereas mythtv-backend was running under user
mythtv).  I hadn't spotted that there were configuration files under
~pi/.mythtv.   Rather than re-running mythtv-setup again under the mythtv
userid, which I should have done originally, I moved the files and changed
their ownership to mythtv:mythtv, and that fixed the problem.

I had not realised that the logging parameter -v record would help debug
tuner setup problems either, but in the end I didn't need to go there.
 Thanks again.

Just to confirm that mythtv-light is working for recording on a raspberry
pi 3b with a TV Hat.   I haven't done much testing but I have succeeded in
recording a radio programme onto a local (USB attached) hard drive.