[mythtv-users] leanfront v0-68 improvements

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 14:02:05 UTC 2019

Just installed leanfront v0-68 on both my Shield TV and FireTV stick 4K. Video performance on both devices on mpeg2 HD1080i and 720p is excellent. Just slightly better than mythtv-frontend. (my wife can’t tell the difference but I can see some slight improvements with leanfront)

i love the new editable features like the jump minutes and the organization of the setting is good.  I also see that the videos are now visible. They work fine, but not a feature I use with mythtv very much.

This morning after updating to v0-68 I selected a recording to watch that I knew was still recording, a 2 hour news program. It worked, which is great but I didn’t know if it was officially supported yet.  here’s what I noticed as weird.  I went back into mythtv-frontend and selected 2 more programs to record and try watching them in leanfront v0-68.  when I went back into leanfront, I could not find the recordings.  exiting the app didn’t fix it.  I had to force stop leanfront from Shield TV settings-> apps  and then the next time I opened leanfront those apps were there and they played fine.  I didn’t try any skipping around just watched the news delayed a little.

Leanfront is coming together very nicely.

Jim A