[mythtv-users] Mythtv automatic database backup

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 15:29:41 UTC 2019

On 11/24/19 8:39 AM, Doug Lytle wrote:
> On 11/24/19 9:30 AM, Don Brett wrote:
>> Does Mythtv do automatic database backups, or do I need to setup my own cron job?  Years ago, I thought it did it by itself.
>

> cron job, mine is below; I compile from source, so paths will likely be different:
>
> 45 18 * * * /usr/local/share/mythtv/mythconverg_backup.pl --rotate 10 --compress gzip
>

> Doug

The only automatic ones are done when the DB is upgraded. Unless "Disable automatic database backup"
is set.

There's also a Services API endpoint. If, for some reason, you wanted to start the backup from
an app or different host/state/country/... It uses the settings in ~mythtv/.mythtv/backuprc.

e.g. curl --header 'Accept:application/JSON' --request POST yourBackend:6544/Myth/BackupDatabase

Returns: {"bool": "true"} if successful. It uses mythconverg_backup.pl if it can be found.

--
Bill