[mythtv-users] Problems on an upgraded computer.

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 19 05:56:45 UTC 2019

Regards
Mark
0427 60 44 92
________________________________
From: Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at Comcast.net>
Sent: Tuesday, 19 November 2019 3:00 pm
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: [mythtv-users] Problems on an upgraded computer.

I just replaced my computer with a new one and am attempting to move my mythTV setup to this new computer.

I have gotten mythTV up and running on this new computer, but live TV is not working (I have been able to play a recording).

The new computer has a new name from the old one.

I restored the database from the old computer to the new one which mostly worked but all my tuners disappeared (I have two HDHR-US tuners and three HDHR4-2US tuners).

I re-created them and things seemed to be OK.

If I try and play live TV in the front end (both front end and back end are on the same machine) the screen flashes once and nothing happens.

The one clue I have is that if I show the MythTV Status in Mythweb, it shows a bunch of extra Encoders "Is remote on OldComputerName (currently not connected)" followed by the 10 Encoders (each HDHR contains two tuners) "Is local on NewComputerName and is not recording".

I know I should get rid of the encoders on the OldComputerName since that no longer exists, but I have not been able to figure out how to do this. I can't find any mention of them in the mythTV Backend Setup app.

Mythweb is showing multiple hosts, there should only be one, but I don't know how to delete the non-existent ones.