[mythtv-users] Playback zoom level (off/half/full)

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 16:11:15 UTC 2019

On 17/11/2019 08:47, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> My FE hardware is not capable of VDPAU but does have very good VAAPI
> support which provides excellent video quality and lipsync. However what
> does not work is automatic zooming: if I set it to auto-detect (default
> off) zooming is off and never turns itself on in the face of letterboxing.
>
> This is not due to noise in the margins of the picture -- it works on
> the same content when I select a different rendering method (such as
> Normal or OpenGL High), but obviously when I do that there is no GPU
> offload.
>
> Can this be made to work? I'm on V29.1.
>
> Many thanks, Jan

OK, given that this issue does not appear to resonate with other users
let me try and ask another question:

What sequence of keystrokes would I need to assign to a button on my
remote in order to switch the zoom level to Full, and what other
sequence of keystrokes is needed to switch it to Off?

I'm asking because I don't think I can explain to my wife how to switch
to manual zoom mode, then have the patience to cycle through the various
settings, and then exit manual zoom mode again. On the other hand, I can
explain to her to press button A to switch to Full if there's
letterboxing and button B to switch to Off if there's obviously
something missing from the picture.

Thanks, Jan