[mythtv-users] mythtv-leanfront v0-46

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 13:23:37 UTC 2019

Just tested leanfront v0-46 on my Shield TV. I did NOT experience any
jerkiness that I had previously watching the same recording.

In fact, I can't find anything wrong except for lack of playing a recording
in progress which has not been implemented.

The manual skipping backwards and forwards works with the left and right
arrows as you'd expect.  The up and down arrows skip 5 minutes backwards
and forwards. It would be ideal if there was a setting so the 5 minutes
could be changed similar to the way the 60 seconds and 20 seconds is
controlled in settings.

When you press the select button the menu pops up and if you press it again
you get a pause, press again and you get play. This is intuitive however,
when I thought about it the pause and play icon was not highlighted so you
don't really know that is what the pressing of select would do.  For me it
was not an issue once I just used it as pause and play and didn't think
about it. Once the playing resumes the menu goes away and then you are back
to the arrows meaning skipping.

All works very nice. Since I didn't experience the jerkiness, I'll start
using leanfront more to see what else I can find.

Jim A