[mythtv-users] Playback zoom level (off/half/full)

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 07:47:55 UTC 2019

Dear list,

My FE hardware is not capable of VDPAU but does have very good VAAPI
support which provides excellent video quality and lipsync. However what
does not work is automatic zooming: if I set it to auto-detect (default
off) zooming is off and never turns itself on in the face of letterboxing.

This is not due to noise in the margins of the picture -- it works on
the same content when I select a different rendering method (such as
Normal or OpenGL High), but obviously when I do that there is no GPU
offload.

Can this be made to work? I'm on V29.1.

Many thanks, Jan