[mythtv-users] Record all behavior on daily news shows

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 21:57:08 UTC 2019

On 11/7/19 4:05 PM, Jay Harbeston wrote:

>> On Nov 7, 2019, at 8:47 AM, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have a rule to record all shows of a Network news show every weekday morning.  It’s been working correctly for years.
>>
>> However, this morning it didn’t record and was listed in the list of recordings greyed out with a capital R.  Not sure what’s different about today.  I looked at the recording rules and it was record all with the default looking for duplicates. To fix it, I changed to Don’t match duplicates.  So it should work.
>>
>> So now for the really confusing part.  last week I built a duplication backend starting with a Raspberry Pi 4 4GB and copied over the recordings and restored the database from the original backend.  Everything the original backend does has be repeated on the RPi4 backend for a week until today.  The missing news program this morning on the original backend was recorded on the RPi4 backend with the same rule.
>>
> I have found sometimes that news shows do not differentiate between episodes, so I have set duplicate checking to none for news.
>
> You might check that. It isn’t like you will have duplicated news episodes :-)
>
> The reason that it worked on the RPi I believe is because you use OTA EIT for your guide. Dup checking is different with EIT, and records every episode no checking.
>
> Regards

Actually, I rebuilt the RPi4 with the same database as the primary
backend and setup of the tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite just like the primary
backend. So in theory they both should have done, the same.

However, your point about turning off duplicate checking is what I
should have done on all daily shows like that.

Jim A