[mythtv-users] leanfront v0-35 feedback

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 17:47:17 UTC 2019

On 11/7/19 10:39 AM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 11/7/19 8:55 AM, James Abernathy wrote:
>>> On Nov 6, 2019, at 6:31 AM, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Just started testing leanfront v0-34 on my Shield TV. The bugs I had
>>> before with the background disappearing have been fixed.
>>>
>>> 1. Like the fact that the version number is not showing up in the
>>> Shield/app/ listing
>>>
>>> 2. Like the delete/play from start/play from bookmark buttons.
>>>
>>> 3. Skip/rwd settings are nice touch.
> v0.35 now allows direct skipping from the arrow keys without going
> through the OSD.
>>> 4. I can't figure out the order of some of the programs with
>>> multiple episodes.  The order displayed is not consistent. Most
>>> programs start with oldest episode first and then move right to the
>>> newest recorded episode. However, on one of my programs, the far
>>> right thumbnail is of an earlier program but not the first
>>> recorded.  The second to last is the most current recorded.
> The order is by original air date, oldest first, so that if you are
> watching a serial you can see them in order. Secondary key is
> recording time in case there is no original air date. Mythfrontend
> provides settings where you can change this, if necessary i can add
> similar settings.
>>> 5. would love a recorded date somewhere in the program info or under
>>> the thumbnail if possible.
>>>
>>> 6. Not sure why, but on the top level screen I have a list on the
>>> left that list "All" and another that says "Default". Sort of like
>>> when you open Kodi with pvr-mythtv installed. In my opinion, you
>>> only need "all" or "default" but not both.
> Those are recording groups. If you have multiple recording groups they
> are shown, plus the All list, which combines them.
>>> 7. I'm still not sure of the proper or most convenient way to
>>> navigate from the top menu down. Should I be using "select" or
>>> "right arrow"?
> Either way. Pressing select on the "Default" row brings up a screen
> with a row for each title. Pressing right arrow to select a show and
> then pressing select also brings up the screen with a row for each
> title, but with that title selected.
>>> The playback of 1080P ATSC OTA USA HD programs is as good as you can
>>> get on a Shield TV.
>>>
>>> Jim A
>>>
>> Maybe this is a known limitation.  I record morning news shows so I
>> can watch them an hour late and skip the commercials manually. I
>> normally do this with mythfrontend on the Shield TV.  So I thought
>> I’d try leanfront v0-35. It could not or would not play the news show
>> that was still recording. Just ignored my click.
>>
>> Seems to only work on completed recordings.
> I have not catered for that at this time. At some point I will look
> into whether that can be made to work.
>
>> Jim A

I changed the subject to v0-35 because that's what the new feedback if from

I've noticed that if I'm playing a recording (HD ATSC 1080i) it works
fine and then after many minutes it starts getting jumpy. Pausing
doesn't fix it.  If I exit out of leanfront and then restart the
recording from the bookmark it's fine for another 10-20 minutes.  The
recording is fine if I play it from other FEs.

Jim A