[mythtv-users] leanfront v0-34 feedback

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 13:55:28 UTC 2019

> On Nov 6, 2019, at 6:31 AM, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Just started testing leanfront v0-34 on my Shield TV. The bugs I had before with the background disappearing have been fixed.
>
> 1. Like the fact that the version number is not showing up in the Shield/app/ listing
>
> 2. Like the delete/play from start/play from bookmark buttons.
>
> 3. Skip/rwd settings are nice touch.
>
> 4. I can't figure out the order of some of the programs with multiple episodes.  The order displayed is not consistent. Most programs start with oldest episode first and then move right to the newest recorded episode.  However, on one of my programs, the far right thumbnail is of an earlier program but not the first recorded.  The second to last is the most current recorded.
>
> 5. would love a recorded date somewhere in the program info or under the thumbnail if possible.
>
> 6. Not sure why, but on the top level screen I have a list on the left that list "All" and another that says "Default". Sort of like when you open Kodi with pvr-mythtv installed. In my opinion, you only need "all" or "default" but not both.
>
> 7. I'm still not sure of the proper or most convenient way to navigate from the top menu down. Should I be using "select" or "right arrow"?
>
> The playback of 1080P ATSC OTA USA HD programs is as good as you can get on a Shield TV.
>
> Jim A

Maybe this is a known limitation.  I record morning news shows so I can watch them an hour late and skip the commercials manually. I normally do this with mythfrontend on the Shield TV.  So I thought I’d try leanfront v0-35. It could not or would not play the news show that was still recording. Just ignored my click.

Seems to only work on completed recordings.

Jim A